Thursday, December 13, 2007

1989


I am really getting old and forgetful. Sometimes I even forget I have a blog I need to update!
I feel even older as of yesterday because my nephew turned...gulp...18!
Happy Birthday Don! Here is a little trivia that you probably dont even know because you were a baby ( I think you are even wearing hairstyles from the 80s in this picture!):

Hits of 1989
1. Look Away, Chicago
2. My Prerogative, Bobby Brown
3. Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Poison
4. Straight Up, Paula Abdul
5. Miss You Much, Janet Jackson
6. Cold Hearted, Paula Abdul
7. Wind Beneath My Wings, Bette Midler
8. Girl You Know Its True, Milli Vanilli
9. Baby, I Love Your Way/Freebird, Will To Power
10. Giving You The Best That I Got, Anita Baker
11. Right Here Waiting, Richard Marx
12. Waiting For A Star To Fall, Boy Meets Girl
13. Lost In Your Eyes, Debbie Gibson
14. Don't Wanna Lose You, Gloria Estefan
15. Heavan, Warrant
16. Girl I'm Gonna Miss You, Milli Vanilli
17. The Look, Roxette
18. She Drives Me Crazy, Fine Young Cannibals
19. On Our Own, Bobby Brown
20. Two Hearts, Phil Collins
21. Blame It On The Rain, Milli Vanilli
22. Listen To Your Heart, Roxette
23. I'll Be There For You, Bon Jovi
24. If You Don't Know Me By Now, Simply Red
25. Like A Prayer, Madonna

News Headlines of 1989:

  • Alaskan Coast Hit With 11 Million Barrel Oil Spill From Exxon Tanker, "Valdez"
  • 28 Year Old Investment Banker Raped In Central Park While Jogging
  • One Million Demonstrate For Democracy In Beijing, Students Take Lead
  • Soviets Complete troop Withdraw From Afghanistan
  • Oliver North Is Convicted In Iran "Contra" Affair
  • Khomeini Offers $5 million For murder Of "Blasphemous" Author Salman Rushdie
  • Hundreds Die In Tiananmem Square As Troops Open Fire On Demonstrators
  • 5-4 Ruling By Supreme Court That Flag Burning Is Protected Free Speech
  • US Invades Panama

No comments: